Tuesday, June 24, 2008

0 comments You'll Never Guess

I hate Bill Simmons. I don't hate him as a person or think he is a bad person. I just wish that for once he would not completely contradict himself. Just once. From today's online draft email fest with Chad Ford:

And since I have nothing left to add, I'd like to start the movement for McHale getting a 2008 championship ring from the Boston Celtics for graciously sending us Kevin Garnett. The man deserves a ring! Give him a ring!

So he gets a ring for sending you Kevin Garnett in an incredibly lopsided trade?

Then in his "LA Sucks" column for ESPN the Magazine:

How was the Gasol trade legal? If I kill my mailman and no one ever finds out, does that make it legal? Jerry West's old team (Memphis) gift-wrapped its best player for the team that once employed West for 40 years, taking back a pupu platter (Kwame Brown, a third-string guard and two crappy picks).

There he bitches about how Gasol was giftwrapped to the Lakers when he basically admits Garnett was giftwrapped to the Celtics. He is an incredible hypocrite.

0 comments: