Tuesday, July 29, 2008

0 comments I Was Wrong About the Angels

Here is a draft of a side note I wrote earlier today and was going to post:

If you can't do better than Chad Tracy and Micah Owings, then maybe you should not trade Mark Texiera. Also the Angels want everyone to know Joe Saunders and Ervin Santana are not available either. The Dodgers want to keep Loney as well. What is it with West Coast teams that they don't seem to understand you have to trade something to get something? Do they want to make the playoffs or win the World Series? Regardless, if Chad Tracy and Micah Owings are involved in a trade to the East Coast in the state of Georgia, I am going to write a 10,000 word essay at this web address with 1/10 of the words being R rated. I can't stay neutral if that happens.

Other than the bitching, you notice I mocked the Angels for not wanting to give up anything for a power hitter. Then I see this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3510042

Sorry for showing my colors on this one but I think this is a trade that may allow the Angels to beat the Red Sox if they meet in the playoffs and actually gave the Braves a decent return. The Angels are no longer wimps.

0 comments: