Saturday, July 12, 2008

9 comments Me Being Pathetic

I started this craptastic blog because I got tired of emailing other people complaining about columns Bill Simmons and other shitty columnists wrote. I am being pathetic now and I want to know what my few, if any, readers think about the crap I write. The reason is that I really enjoy writing on here but I have no idea what really works and what does not. The only thing I have really enjoyed writing 100%, and still to this day do, is my fake Peter King column.

Couple caveats for anyone who is nice enough to give feedback:

1. Be honest. If this blog sucks, I want to know because I want to have someone read my posts and maybe laugh once or twice or think I may have a good point. I am not trying to cure cancer here.

2. My goal is not to be read by hundreds but checked daily because every once in a while something good is posted. I don't need to be liked, I need to know I am not wasting my time with stupid ideas.

3. I curse a lot and I know that. Tell me anyway if you want.

4. I really want to know what sucks and is good on here, because I have no idea what I am good or bad at. That's why I like feedback.

5. If no one responds either through email or posts a comment on what sucks/is good then I am going to assume either (a) no one reads this and cares about it, which is fine, (b) I am perfect and there is nothing anyone will change. There has to be a medium.

So my 3 readers, be mean to me but just respond. What do you think?

9 comments:

Chris W said...

your blog is one of the few blogs i make it a point to read.

i enjoy it.

GOOD JOB!

Bengoodfella said...

I appreciate that Chris. Though that sounds like positive feedback, which I do not normally condone.

It's sad but I was hoping to be heckled a little bit. There is still time though.

Unknown said...

Had I known sooner that you had a blog, I would have started reading sooner. I noticed you commenting frequently on FireJay and happened to wander across this one. I have less time lately to read, but you two (you and FJ) are about the only ones I read anymore. Keep it up.

Bengoodfella said...

Thanks for the kindness. Larry from FJMariotti got tired of me emailing him and complaining so he pushed me on an ice block into the cold water of the Internet out on my own. I am glad someone reads the crap I write.

Now if I could just get a heckler...

Bengoodfella said...

I would agree the Braves do suck. I wish that did anger me more. I am afraid they are going to win just enough games before the All Star break to convince management to not trade Texeira.

I think a heckler about my pathetic writing and stupid points of view would get more riled up. I need to just bait someone, Jay Mariotti like, with a post that is absolutely horrible.

larry b said...

Updating a blog regularly is hard as fuck. You're doing great. Keep on keepin' on.

Bengoodfella said...

I try to update three times a week and fail most of the time. I appreciate all the feedback and I think I have gotten all my patheticism out of my system now.

Anonymous said...

Hey man. This is coming late from when you asked for feedback,but,I think you are doing very well.Just started reading Fire Jay so I didnt Know you exsisted until 12/27/07.having read most of your archives I feel you have grown as a writer and your hate is palpable.Dont give up.Thanks for making me laugh. Mike

Bengoodfella said...

Thanks, I appreciate it. I think it is interesting that you read the archives and felt the writing had grown a bit because I actually re-read some of my older stuff from time to time so I don't get stuck in a bad writing groove.

Unfortunately, I still have not quite taken this blog in the direction I want it to go. I didn't want to do the same type of things every week, but I have enjoyed doing it so far. It may change in the future though. Thanks for the feedback.