Monday, July 14, 2008

4 comments Sadly, More Favre Watch 2008

First off, thanks to Fire Jay Mariotti for linking me today and for everyone condoning my whine a thon, "How am I doing?" post. I am horrible at linking and figuring out stuff on this blog, I pretty much have typing down and that is it, but I am going to make a list of friends. Yes, I realize this is pointless because those I link have better blogs and more well known blogs than I do, so the reader is probably already aware of them. I am not kissing their ass when I say this but FJMariotti have an absolutely awesome blog and I probably check it about ten times a day minimum. Stalker-esque? Yes, but it is that good. So if by any chance you got drunk, high, kidnapped and are looking for assistance from the authorities, and stumbled by this blog without knowing any other good blogs, come back tomorrow and I will have the link to Fire Jay Mariotti up and you can look at their work in all its orange and white glory.

I have the choice of watching the home run derby with Chris Berman and Rick Reilly or bitching more about Brett Favre. You know which one I will choose. The media has fortunately painted him as a villain in this situation, which is true, so that makes me happy. His "I need sympathy" public march is officially on though, and I have to comment and mock.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/07/14/favre.foxnews.ap/index.html

He wants to play but doesn't feel welcome in Green Bay, so he's asking to be released. The quarterback's first substantial comments on his latest retirement decision reversal come in an interview with Fox News on "On the Record with Greta Van Susteren."

No comment here or mocking. How random is this to go on Fox News and "On the Record" to whine? Was "Hardball" or any of the nine Wolf Blitzer shows booked up?

(Bus Cook) "Brett, we have to help people understand our position."

(Brett Favre) "You should call and see if I can get on the View, pronto."

(Cook) "No, you are going "On the Record" with Greta, once you get the Scientologists (look it up and it explains her better), you get the public."

(Favre) "Do it."

I was also going to write a fake conversation between Brett and his wife, Deanna, and yes I know her stupid ass name so thanks Peter King, but just imagine them trying to make a life changing decision like have a child and Brett changes his mind after a month or two. Awkward....

"I am guilty of retiring early and there is a reason for that," Favre said

The reason is that you are a lying douchebag who manages to finagle his way around the truth by crying and whining and constantly asking the Packers fans to remember all the fond memories and forget the NFL record interceptions?

Favre said he was "never fully committed" to retiring and felt pressured by the Packers to make a decision, a notion Packers general manager Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy tried to dispel in an interview with the AP on Saturday.

Peer pressure? That is all you have got? I have discussed this before, but they had a right to ask you for a decision. You are like a five year old at a grocery store that can't find the exact candy he wants. At some point, someone is going to need a decision, so they will make one for you. See, the Packers are committed to the fans to build a competitive team, if they wait all summer for you to make a decision and then retire, they will have Aaron Rodgers as the QB and the backups would be Vinny Testaverde and maybe Byron Leftwich. That is doing a disservice to the fans, especially when you made the NFC Championship last year but only lost because someone (cough, cough---you) threw an interception.

I am proud of them for having balls and forcing you to make a decision.

Favre told Fox he understands that the Packers want to move on -- but if they're doing so, they should let him go.

You retired and they control your destiny. Why would they let you "move on" and piss of the entire fan base when you beat the Packers twice this year with the Bears? You would have a case if you had not quit the sport temporarily in March. They let you QB that team as long as you wanted to, but when you retired, and only then, did they move on. You want back in? Sorry, seats taken.

"It doesn't. I totally understand that. By me retiring March 3rd, I knew that could possibly happen. All I was saying is, you know, I'm thinking about playing again."

Yeah and the Packers are saying, "you can play again, but you know, not with another fucking team and not as our starter." I am glad you worked this out with them.

I like how he says, them moving on, could possibly happen, like the Packers would just not have a QB on the roster and run the single wing offense just in case he wanted to come back. He is so delusional, thinking the absolute second he retired, they did not make sure they got a quality QB whether it is in the draft or free agency.

Van Susteren -- who is from Appleton, Wis., is a Packers shareholder and previously had interviewed Favre and his wife, Deanna -- said Favre made it clear he would not return to the Packers if he wasn't the starter.

So that is why he was "On the Record."

Why do they always say Deanna Favre's name? Does anyone know the name of any other QB's wife in the NFL?

He would not return if he was not the starter? Tissues are on the nightstand, grab one. Don't be a little bitch. There is a thing called "leverage" and the Packers have it. They don't have to do shit. They can pretend to trade you to the CFL or say they are going to cut you but call it a joke. The fans kind of hate them right now but if they win, the fans don't care.

In the interview, Favre said the Packers were being dishonest, although the excerpt provided to AP did not offer specific instances Favre was challenging.

I am on Brett's side now. I hate it when people say one thing publicly and then do another in private. I also hate it when people just out and out lie to me. Brett would never do that, unless you want to count every time he has spoken in the past month and his retirement day.

You know how bad it has gotten? He won't return text messages Peter King is frantically sending to him.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/07/13/mmqb/index.html

Favre has gone underground. My text messages for him and agent Bus Cook went unreturned Friday and Sunday

Brett Favre is teaching a bitch a lesson about writing a column that in any way demeans Brett or suggests he is not 100% right. This is how far it has gotten. Last year, Peter King helped Brett and his wife, Deanna, dress the Christmas tree and Peter dressed like Santa and went around the neighborhood with Brett. This year, no text message answering. How selfish can Brett be?

For those of you reading this for the first time, if there is anyone, I don't talk about Brett Favre everyday, I promise, I just feel very strongly about this. I curse a lot too, so be sure to look out for that.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

God forbid the Packers ask him to make a decision with more than 3 days until training camp, like he's done the past 5 fucking years. I used to like Farve, but now he just pisses me off. Go away, Brett.

(I know you're reading this...you heard me, go away)

Bengoodfella said...

I know Brett Favre is reading this. I do like how I end up writing every post at some point like I am talking directly to the player. As of Brett Favre is giving up 10 minutes of his time that would normally be looking to see if "The Tyra Banks Show" could book him to search for blogs that speak ill of his name.

If my favorite team and QB acted this way, I would call him out even harder. I really hope the Packer fans can see through him.

Bengoodfella said...

I guess my thing with Brett Favre is that when my favorite team has played his teams, I have never thought, "oh no, we are going against Brett Favre, we need to play the best we possibly can." I am scared of facing Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and other great QBs like Troy Aikman. From a fan perspective, I never feared him.

To me, this does not mean he was not a great player, just that I never actually considered him a threat to my favorite team because I knew he would throw a bad INT almost as often as he threw a great TD pass. For me, every scoop while he is falling to Donald Lee, there is a forced pass that gets intercepted in overtime.

I respect him and think he is a Hall of Famer but I think most of the reason he is so revered is because Green Bay has nothing else to do.

Anonymous said...

First time reader, found your site from Fire Jay Mariotti. Just wanted to say that I enjoyed this and I'll be sure to be back.