Wednesday, October 1, 2008

3 comments My Name is Ben And I Am A Moron

As one of the wonderfully intelligent readers of this blog has pointed out to me, I am the moron, not Gene Wojokkeoekdkidkdski. I swear I believed the LDS was 7 games, and I was so sure I did not even do research to make sure I was correct. Even when looking at the pitching matchups for the Cubs v. Dodgers series, I ignored the fact only 5 games were scheduled. As pointed out to me, the premise of my article is still sort of intact, but it is ruined for me because I am an idiot.

For some reason I thought last year the LDS got changed to 7 games but then a co-worker pointed out to me that was the NBA Playoffs' opening round that got changed. Then he asked "do you like anything" when I told him I hated the Twins and I am glad the White Sox won, so he really has no credibility. This is what happens when my favorite team starts not making the playoffs every year, I switch to watching other sports. What a feeble excuse, but true. Gene W. is a moron and I am too.

A lesser person would edit his article or erase it all together but my punishment for being such an idiot is to leave it up, completely intact for further generations to see my idiocy. I will not be posting for certain amount of time as punishment for this, so I have time to think about how horrible I am at researching and do something to fix it. I will make it up to you readers, do not lose faith. I will be in all of your neighborhoods in a green van today handing out candy (you will see the "free candy" sign in spray paint on the side of the green van), so look out for me.

3 comments:

J.S. said...

LOL, we all make mistakes man, don't be so hard on yourself!

Fred Trigger said...

Yes, we all do make mistakes. This, however, is his second fatal mistake within, like, two weeks. 7 games in the LDS? What were you thinking, man? Its cool, though. I still respect you.

Bengoodfella said...

Fred you are right. This was my second fatal mistake in two weeks. I swear I thought there were 7 games in the LDS, just simply because I got confused and thought they changed it last year. That was the NBA though. So I am a moron.

My self imposed punishment will continue until I feel like I can write an article without factual mistakes.

Hint: I will bring my "A game" when Bill Simmons tempts me.