Friday, August 20, 2010

5 comments AFC South and AFC West Preview

I have set up a College Football Pick 'Em League for Yahoo. Personally, this is my second favorite fantasy league because it keeps my interest in college football games I wouldn't normally care about on Saturdays. I have set it up against the spread and the games we will be choosing are Top 25 games and games the Yahoo editors choose as "worthy" of being chosen. The ID is 1704 and the password is "asu." Feel free to join and it doesn't take long each week to pick the games, plus it is fun to go against the spread. We only have five people now and it doesn't take long to do every week.

Dylan and I did the second part of our AFC Preview and he has posted it over on "Pardon the Opinion." I hope you enjoy the second part of the podcast and we will be doing the NFC Preview this upcoming week. A couple of notes:

1. I picked Oakland at 8-8 this year. I am buying on them and am not shy to admit it. No, I wasn't high when I picked them to go .500.

2. I also have the Chargers in the Super Bowl. I think this is the year they finally do it. Of course betting on the Chargers is never a smart thing to do.

3. I think I gave out a fake "Chargers award" at one point to the team that did well in the regular season and then choked in the playoffs. I don't know where that came from.

5 comments:

ivn said...

at the end of the season I think both of you will regret picking San Diego to finish better than New England. just sayin. although I agree with you on Miami. I also like Pittsburgh a little better than you guys do.

/just finished the first podcast, haven't heard the second one.

FormerPhD said...

Looking at Tennessee's schedule, 10-6 seems a tad optimistic. The only thing I think that saves them from a losing season is Indy resting it's starters in week 17.

Chris Johnson had over 400 touches last year and saved Vince Young. A back under 6 feet, 200 pounds can't take that kind of punishment year in and year out. It's entirely possible that Johnson will either get hurt or wear down at some point and Vince Young isn't exactly an exception QB.

Bengoodfella said...

Ivn, I think I may regret a lot of those picks later in the season. That's the risk I take I guess when I make picks like this. I don't like Pittsburgh because I think they have a terrible offensive line and they are going to miss Roethlisberger the first couple of games.

The second podcast is pretty good, I had gotten used to talking by then.

Rich, I am very optimistic about Tennessee. I am worried about Johnson's carries, but I like Javon Ringer and I think Tennessee improved in the offseason. If Johnson does wear down, I do think the Titans are in trouble, but I am beating that won't happen.

Anonymous said...

If Oakland is 8-8 this year, it's gonna be because of Hue Jackson. Let's not underestimate just how talented the team was last year on an individual basis. Much of the offensiveness came from bad coaching, and I don't think Jason Campbell necessarily will make an improvement on wins. He has to make it through the season unhurt first.

shah8

Bengoodfella said...

Shah, I think Oakland can go 8-8 because I like the McClain pick on defense and I think the offensive line has the chance to not be terrible. I think Campbell may be good for at least one win over Gradkowski/Russell and the defense is actually going to be decent. I have to agree with Peter King on this. The continuity of keeping Cable (no matter of how bad of a coach he may be) isn't a terrible thing for this year.

You are right they are talented on an individual basis and I think with decent coaching it is a .500 team.